Click here to download a PDF version of this article.
Once you log in with your username and password, follow these steps to get started.
Step 1: Review Your Group Settings
- Go to , select your group and visit .
- Check your default review sharing settings and adjust any other settings as necessary.
Step 2: Add Books to Your Group Shelf
- Click on Search for Books from the group bookshelf or use the Search Bar at the top of the page.
- Type in a title, author or keyword to find your favorite books.
Step 3: Tag Books to Organize Your Shelves
- When you add a book, you’ll be prompted to select a tag: Favorite, Recommended, Required or In Classroom Library.
- Tags assign books to corresponding shelves in your group bookshelf.
Step 4: Write Book Reviews
- Let your students know which books are the best to read by clicking under your favorite titles.
- Books can be rated between 1-5 stars, and you can add your own custom message.
Step 5: Send Book Recommendations
- After selecting a title, click on .
- Send a recommendation to one or more students and let them know how much you think they’ll enjoy this book.
Step 6: Send a Group Message
- When you visit one of your groups, you’ll find an option to .
- You can use this feature to alert students to a new challenge, send notes of encouragement, etc.
- Our feature gets your students competing against themselves, or each other, to read more.
- You can create a challenge based on genre, number of minutes, number of pages, your choice of books, or books you choose from a larger list.
- Our feature allows you to track your class’s progress through a number of metrics.
- Example: Running a report on student Reading Logs will help you see at a glance which books your students are reading and how long they’re spending on each book.