Click here to download a PDF version of this article.
Once you log in with your username and password and accept Biblionasium’s Honor Code, follow these steps to get started.
- Click Select an Avatar from the pop-up that appears when you first sign in, or you can go to SETTINGS on the top orange bar.
- You can change your avatar at any time by going back into your settings menu.
Step 2: Add Books to Your Very Own Virtual Bookshelf
- Click on Search for Books from the Bookshelf or use the Search Bar on top of the page.
- Type in a title, author or keyword to find your favorite books.
- You can tag a book as “I am reading it” or “I want to read it” to let your friends know which books you’re interested in.
- The book’s tag will determine where they see it on your bookshelf.
Step 4: Add Books to Your Wish List
- You’ll find the Add to Wish List button next to Add to Shelf.
- Adding books to your Wish List will let your teacher, librarian or parent know which books you most want to read.
Step 5: Send a Book Recommendation
- After selecting a title, click on the Recommendation Tab.
- Tell a friend how much you think they’ll enjoy the book!
- Select a book from your shelf and click the Review It tab.
- Write a review, without giving away the ending!
- See all your reviews from your bookshelf when you are done.
Step 7: Check Out Your Friends’ Favorites
- Go to My Friends from your homepage to see a list of your classmates.
- Click on their avatars to see which books are on their shelf and read their reviews.
That’s it! Let’s get reading!
2 thoughts on “For Students: Getting Started with Biblionasium”
How do students make a book a favorite?
Hello Ms. Sommers!
To favorite a book, search for a title, click on the book, click ‘add to shelf’ and mark the box that says ‘it’s a favorite’.
We hope this helped! Feel free to email us at Contact@Biblionasium.com for further assistance and thanks for choosing us as your reading partner!
-The Team at Biblionasium.com