Click here to download a PDF version of this article.
Once you’ve confirmed your account and logged in with your username and password, follow these steps to get started.
Step 1: Add Books to Your Own Personal Bookshelf
- Click on Search for Books from your bookshelf or use the Search Bar at the top of the page.
- Type in a title, author or keyword to find your favorite books.
Step 2: Tag Books to Organize Your Shelves
- When you add a book, you’ll be prompted to select a tag: “I have read it, “It’s a favorite,” or “We own this book.”
- Tags assign books to corresponding shelves in your bookshelf.
Step 3: Check Out Your Child’s Reading Activity
- Go to on the side panel to view your child’s profile.
- You can monitor their bookshelf, logs, reviews and more from this screen. Please note: You cannot log books for your child from the parent profile. Books must be logged on your child’s account.
Step 4: Send Book Recommendations
- After selecting a title, click on .
- Send a recommendation to one or more of your children and let them know how much you think they’ll enjoy the book.
Step 5: Set Up a Reading Challenge
- Our feature allows you to incentivize your child’s reading.
- You can create a challenge based on genre, number of minutes, number of pages, your choice of books, or books you choose from a larger list.
Step 6: Visit Your Child’s Wish List to Get Ideas
- When your child tags a book as “want to read,” the book will appear on their Wish List.
- You can check out the book’s info, add it to your own bookshelf and/or wish list and even buy the book directly.