Blog & News Articles
At Biblionasium, we know that kids are motivated to read in different ways. Our site wide challenges combine writing reviews with competition and excitement to get students hooked on reading!
Encourage your students to enter the Winter Reading Challenge: Erin Hunter Collection on Biblionasium for a chance to win!
Let’s keep kids enthusiastic about learning and reading more than halfway through the term with a burst of creativity.
We’re also here to help parents and educators with fun learning activities as the days get busy and holidays draw near.
Here’s how to re-energize reading this November:
- Kids choose a book to read and an activity to do alongside it! They can use Shannon Miller’s interactive choice board, our activity checklist toolkit, their Biblio Challenge bookshelf, or choose a book of their own!
- OR your class chooses a book to read and activity to do TOGETHER.
- Kids write a review for each book & activity they do alone or as a group.
- Educators keep track of book reviews. Choose how many kids have to do to win a BIBLIO BADGE! Choose how many class activities or badges students collectively earn to win a COMMUNITY CERTIFICATE. Use our templates for these.
- Have fun with this! Celebrate your kids’ and group achievements with a prize of your choosing – like a ‘dress up as your fave book character day’!
Connect with the wider Biblio community – TAG @Biblionasium and #Biblionasium on twitter and instagram of pictures of your books and activities AND either
- tell us about your activity
- your fave thing about Biblio!
- A snippet of a kids’ review!
By doing this you enter a chance to be featured on our blog!!
Calling all Narwhal and Jelly fans!
Encourage students to enter the Narwhal and Jelly Book Review Contest. The winner will receive:
A copy of Narwhalicorn and Jelly
A Narwhal and Jelly lanyard
A Narwhal and Jelly sticker
An enamel pin
Narwhal and Jelly finger puppets